|What:||Online Learning Consortium International Conference|
|When:||October 14, 2015, 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.|
|Where:||Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, 1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd., Orlando, Florida 32830
Meeting Room: Asia 1 (Lobby level)
|For Whom:||This is a 3-hour pre-conference workshop for all post-secondary educators interested in learning how predictive analytics works and how to link predictions to interventions used on campuses to help students overcome risks.|
|To Register:||Pre-Conference Workshop Session 3
Registration fee until October 14: $225
Registration fee after October 14: $250
What’s In It For You:
Learn how predictive analytics helps find students at academic risk. You will learn how to use predictions to find interventions that mitigate specific risks, at specific points in time, for specific students. Institutions, advisors, and faculty can finally quit guessing about what works when it comes to supporting student success.
- We will show you how to use analytics to identify and target at-risk students, to classify interventions, and to link attributes of student risk with interventions, with an eye on intervention measurement.
- You will learn about different approaches for measuring intervention impact in a variety of higher-educational settings and leave with applicable, actionable tools to utilize on your campus.
- We will show and share examples of how PAR members use predictive analytics to find students at risk and how they are inventorying, tracking, and measuring intervention effectiveness.
By the End of the Workshop, You Will Have:
- A comprehensive picture of institutional interventions that will help you identify key gaps and potential overlaps.
- Expertise leveraging a framework for connecting at-risk students with the services they need.
- A vocabulary and starting point for measuring interventions.
- An overview of several interventions known to work (and some that don’t).
- A data-driven approach for getting more value from your student success programs.