PAR is a non-profit, multi-institutional data mining collaborative that requires active engagement and collaboration on the part of its members. Some of the benefits of participation include:
- Descriptive reports. Institutionally reflective and benchmark reports of the profiles at the course, modality, program, degree, and institution level.
- Actionable predictive models. Leveraging modeling techniques including clustering, decision trees and dimensionality reduction to identify the factors that most impact student success.
- Comparative interventions “field tests.”
- Participation in a collaborative community of experts.
Prior to indicating interest, you should be aware that your institution will be asked to:
- Execute a Memorandum of Understanding to participate which includes, but is not limited to, the ability to gain approval to extract anonymized student and course data for integration into the PAR dataset.
- Obtain approval from your Institutional Research Board (IRB) for participation in the federated PAR dataset and any resultant research.
- Provide the time of at least one senior level administrator and one data professional to interface with the PAR core team and collaborate with all institutional partners. Participation from a senior IT / IR staff member is to ensure reliability and validity of data, records, reports, facilitate access to SIS, LMS and other student data sources, provide focus on generating meaningful reports relevant for supporting institutional decision-making.
Thank you for your institution’s interest in participating in the PAR Framework. In order to begin the conversation, please fill out the form below to officially indicate your interest.